Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"A man for all seasons - of life that is!"

Reviewed Item: Trespassing (Album) by Adam Lambert
Reviewer: gradyman

Adam seems to be one of those rare talents who appeals to people like me and to teens. I never imagined I would ever say this, but its true: he is as good as Roy Orbison and yes, even Bobby Hatfield. If you dont know who Bobby Hatfield is, buy yourself a greatest hits album by the Righteous Brothers and listen. When you find the song "Ebbtide", thats Bobby. Im not a devoted fan of ALL of his varied styles, but his softer side, his ballads, his vocal range, clarity (yes, you can actually understand the words - try that with a Springsteen album!), have me listening to his songs on replay. Its a testimony to the tastes of the american teen audience that he didnt win Idol, but thats another issue - neither did some others who became superstars. So what did ever happen to Clay Aiken, Ruben, etc? Gone. Im so impressed with Adam I actually bring up his name when, on rare occasions, music comes up - which isnt so often at my age, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment