Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Well written songs performed with Adam's signature stamp"

Reviewed Item: For Your Entertainment (Album) by Adam Lambert
Reviewer: Jack

I'm a hard rocker myself, but Adam's amazing vocals during idol caused me to open up and take a good listen. The influences on the new release are obvious and diverse (from Mercury and Bowie to Aretha and even Cher). The production is good (I would like it heavier, but, hey, it's not my record). But Adam's willingness to sing the songs his way and push the envelope of taste, decency and acceptance, not just visually but lyrically too, make me want to stand and cheer for more.
I hear negative statements about how he "screeches." I can't help but remember my mother saying the same thing about Janis Joplin and Robert Plant back in the day. Did she (does he) screech? If that's the word you want to use, fine, but it's a joyful noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment