Saturday, December 8, 2012

"Superb audio and video of Adam."

Reviewed Item: For Your Entertainment (Album) by Adam Lambert
Reviewed Date: April 12, 2010
By aestheticallypleasing

I am thrilled with this purchase! I already have the "FYI" American release CD. In this import (from Japan?) are four more bonus tracks in addition to the "Time for Miracles" bonus track: "Master Plan", "Down the Rabbit Hole" "No Boundaries"(yes, the Kara DioGuardi song), and "Voodoo." The real treasures here is the DVD, which is zone 0, (zone-free), and which plays fine in both my ten-year old JVC dvd player and my one-year old Sony DVP-FX930 portable DVD-CD player. I must admit I had been worried that the DVD would not play in the US, but not to worry. The joy of Adam Lambert comes not from just hearing him sing, but also from watching him speak, perform, just be himself. Adam's charisma oozes throughout the videos of him posing for photos for his album, singing songs for his album, and shooting the videos for "For Your Entertainment" and "Whataya Want From Me."
Finally, the actual music videos "For Your Entertainment" and "Whataya Want From Me" are included on the DVD disc. I am enjoying watching the DVD over and over again. Well worth the modest price for this combined CD and DVD set. However, lyrics for the four extra bonus songs are not included; the lyrics for the other songs on the album are just like they are in the U.S. release CD booklet. I do not buy music or videos digitally, so this import special edition of "For Your Entertainment" is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment