Saturday, January 26, 2013

"Time for an objective review"

Reviewed Item: For Your Entertainment (Album) by Adam Lambert
Reviewer: Waltjen

Let's start with the fact that I was an Adam fan when he was on AI. However, I'm a country music fan, so Adam's music is not what I would normally listen to, but I do ocassionally make an exception.

When I listened to the 30 second clips, I was in great fear that I was not going to like this CD very much. But, I've changed my mind after listening to it in full, twice now.

Music Again gets a "9" from me. I think this song is a love it or hate it song. I happen to love it. It has a real British sound to it and I am definitely reminded of Freddie Mercury when listening.

For Your Entertainment is a decent song. I gave it an 8, but it is not close to being the best song on this CD.

Whataya Want From Me? I'm not quite certain, but Pink's influence stands out in the first of the 10 star songs on this CD.

Strut: I can't stand it. I'm not big on songs with hard beats, and this one in particular did not sit well with me. I'm sure others will enjoy it, but not my cup of tea. I'll give it a 3 for the heck of it.

Soaked gets a 7 rating as a somewhat decent ballad.

Sure Fire Winners is a song many are going to love. Unfortunately, I don't as it sounds rather ordinary to me. Still not a bad song, just not a great one. But we can't expect every song to be great, can we?

A Loaded Smile: I loved the song except for the fact that it gets somewhat lost at the three quarter mark before rapping up the way it began. Still 8 stars despite the 3/4 quirk.

If I Had You: As I stated before, I don't really care for songs with strong beats, but this one is a real exception. Another 10 star.

Pick U Up: Not bad; it gets progressively stronger as it moves along. Rating; 7

Fever: Another song with a strong beat, but not so impressive. Again, if you like a strong beat you'll enjoy it. For me, I could tolerate it; 5 stars.

Sleepwalker: 6 stars, just an average semi-ballad.

Aftermath: Okay, this song sent me for a loop. I swear I thought I was listening to Chris Sligh when he was with Half Past Forever. And that, for me, is not a bad thing. This is my favorite song on the CD. Rating 10

Broken Open: Nice ballad perfectly placed on the CD. I only gave it a 7 rating because the techno background sound really bothered me. It just doensn't go well with this ballad.

And Finally, Time for Miracles. This is just another great song, plain and simple. Rating 10

Overall, I'm impressed. The only negative I can see is that Adam doesn't really give us an idea where he is heading musically as the CD has a little of everything. That isn't necessarily bad though.

Even though I wasn't ecstatic with every song, there are quite a few really super songs that I think this is a very good, maybe great, CD. Most will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment