Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"Kickin In"

Reviewed Item: Trespassing (Album) by Adam Lambert
Reviewer: Paula

Not just another fawning review, I promise. I am a fan and for damn good reason. Nobody sings like this man. Even a track like "Trespassing" which I don't really like still makes me get off my behind. Excellent 'pop' production throughout, and lots of layered harmonies from his unbelievable voice. "Kickin' In" is the biggest surprise to me. I can't get it out of my head and it makes me dance even in the car, a lot like The Jacksons did way back with "Let's Dance, Let's Shout."...(been so long, I can't remember the name of the song. BUT I REMEMBER THAT BASS LINE!) This CD could have that kind of staying power. First half funky pop, fun to sing along to, even though you can't possiby hit all the high notes. Second half more rocking and more slow jams. "Broken English" is by far my favorite track and "Underneath" is pure beauty. There's a lot of head and heart here. The chord changes alone in Broken English actually made my eyes water the first time I heard it and again, I love the harmonies. Underneath is just damn good poetry which also made my eyes water the first time I read the lyrics, before I even heard the song! So, who else can go from some booty shaking (with plenty of inside references if you know what they are) to the depths of emotion? Adam F. Lambert, that's who. Do yourself a favor and buy it. He's Kickin' In, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment